
Tammie and I went to Christie's Printing today for a meeting about my invitations. I've been looking at a lot of designs with Tammie. We really liked this one we found online, however, it was far too pricy for Gary and my budget. We showed the design to Page (Christie's Printing Associate), and she thinks we can print practically the same invite for much less! She'll be sending me a quote with that price tomorrow. We'd have to do the ribbons ourselves, but I'm excited that this is coming together!
Next week I'll be meeting with Barb Joseph about the cake. I'm very excited to look at some designs and choose one for our cake! Since our colors are Red, White, and Black, and our flowers are roses, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find something classy! And for those of you who have never tried her cake.... It's AMAZING! Barb made the cake for a close friend of mine from high school, Rosa (DeRocher) Cook, and it was awesome.

The best part about her cake is being there when she is baking it. When she cuts the layers, there are leftover bits that are so delicious!! And, if you're lucky, she'll let you have some.
ReplyDeleteGreat great choice on the cake baker! Yum. She made a cake for Thomas + Katya's reception in the states, oh it was soooooooo good!
ReplyDeleteShe made the most gorgeous cake for one of my baby showers years ago!
ReplyDelete