What would taste the best with white sugar frosting for a wedding cake??? (You can vote for more than one)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Joys of the Zapper

Gary and I had a wonderful Easter weekend together. We spent time with his family eating meals, playing wii, watching a movies (Sherlock Holmes and Ice Age III), and decorating Easter eggs.

Since it was a surprise visit, we had no specific plans for the weekend, and we decided it was time to start our wedding registry. We've tried to be prepared for everything we've set out to do thus far, but let me tell you, it is hard to know what sorts of things you will want when you haven't lived in the house your going to live in nor with the person you will be living with. We set out on Saturday morning to JCPenney and Target. Our goal: to start a registry, begin to decide on themes for certain rooms in the house, and to have fun while doing it!

Thankfully, the wedding registry Kiosk at JCPenney could see our unpreparedness coming a mile away, and printed out a list of items that most couples register for. After weeding down this suggested list, we started the hunt for items for our future home.

Gary, in charge of "the zapper", and I, in charge of the list, contemplated different looks, discussed potential themes, and decided on color schemes for each room. It is interesting to step back now and see how Gary and I work well with each other and how we make decisions together. We are both analytical, hate shopping, and like to make decisions quickly. It was fun to fantasizing how we might have company over for dinner and game nights.

By the end of the weekend, we had started registries at JCPenney, Target, and Kohls. Please do NOT go check these lists out yet, because we have to delete some items that we prefer at one store over the other. We may still register at Menards (Gary's candy shop), but we haven't decided yet.

Overall, it was a productive and amusing couple of days, filled laughs about accidentally zapping a worker in the face (my bad), sashaying down the aisle of Kohls (yes, BOTH of us), and restraining from registering for cat food, milk and eggs.

In the end, this is what we came up with:

Kitchen:
Theme ~ Contemporary, stainless steel appliances

Dining Room:
Theme ~ Classic-Contemporary, cast iron wall decorations, black and light wood plate ware, simple flatware, simple glass ware
Colors ~ Earth-tone green, cream, white, black, light wood

Bathroom:
Theme ~ Classic
Colors ~Dark brown and turquoise

Living Room:
Theme ~ Classic, dark wood, greens
Colors ~ Dark green, brown, beige

Master Bedroom:
Theme ~ Classic-Contemporary
Colors ~ Red, black, and white (Also our wedding theme, awwwwwwwww)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Your house will rock! Sawyer + I jumped the gun a little + got super excited right after the engagement + began our registry hahaha... we are lame... but we were so giddy! Sawyer kept scanning things like big-a flat screen TV's, an XBOX, a Blue Ray player + oh yeah... me... which was cute cause it inflicted the "I can't scan you *pouty face* cause you are priceless" awww... ps... don't start kissing in the appliance section of target... people give you weird looks! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nice! Gary scanned me and asked, "How much?" I said, "A life time of love and affection." To which he replied, "Great! I'll take two!" =) We also registered for a Wii and Super Mario to go with it. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW!!! He's a keeper + a half! I guess that we'll keep the TV on the registry... but we already (well... I have) a Wii... so we don't need another gaming system to waste time with!

    I <3 super mario!!!!

    ReplyDelete