Am I referring to the pretty faced actress with a soothing voice that is an alien pretending to extend mankind peace?
No. This visitor is even better.
Today, my grandpa stopped by the bank to visit me. He wanted to see where I worked, and make sure I'm diong a good job. He wasn't impressed with our surrounded-by-one-ways situation which makes driving to our location furstrating. Unfortunately, the state of MN couldn't care less how inconvienent their median blocking us in from the flow of traffic was going to effect us or our customers or my grandpa coming to visit. Perhaps if the pretty-faced, soothing-voiced actress would have protested, things might have been different. But, alas, we're stuck with an entrance and exit guarded by one-ways because somebody who doesn't have to deal with it ever (let alone on a daily basis) thought it was a good idea.
For those of you who don't know, my grandpa and I are really close. Growing up, my mother and I were over at their house at least five days a week for dinner. One of my favorite memories with my grandpa was a surprise visit to the Zoo. One random day, for whatever reason, my grandpa pulled off Grand Ave enroute to his house in Morgan Park towards the Duluth Zoo. Confused, I asked what we were doing. To which he stated the obvious, "Going to the zoo." It was a blast. We visited all of the animals, petted a pot-bellied pig I dubbed Wibler... or was it Winston?
Perhaps I should take him out for a surprise trip to the Zoo one of these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is soooooo sweet he came to visit you!!! Yes. you MUST take him to the zoo! (:
ReplyDelete